Learn to Winter Climb
Winter climbing days are aimed at those who are familiar with some basic winter mountaineering and rock climbing skills, which we can cater for as a package over a number of days if you wish.
Typically, a Learn to Winter Climb day will cover the core skills required to safely lead winter climbs at grade I to III and will focus on:
- Techniques for approaching winter climbs
- Use of technical ice axes and crampons on a variety of surfaces
- Use of winter specific lead climbing equipment and snow belay construction
- Coaching of personal climbing movement skills on ice and mixed ground
- Safe travel in the mountains in winter including interpreting avalanche conditions
Prices start from £175 per day based on a ratio of 1 instructor to 2 people.
Click here to start planning your adventure.
Guiding Completing a famous mountain ridge traverse or topping out on a classic rock/ice route is an exhilarating experience. Adventure in Mountai…
Instruction We have years of experience shaping people’s first steps in the mountains be it in summer or winter. We can coach you right through fro…
About Adventure in Mountains is directed by Andy Hogarth who holds the highest UK based award for instructing climbing and mountaineering. Prior t…